Parker Reinecker is a Documentary/Street Photographer currently based out of Atlanta Georgia. He is currently working in Northern Georgia, Northeastern Pennsylvania, and the American Southwest. Growing up in coal country, Scranton Pennsylvania, with a bar and a church on every corner, his work touches on the experience and struggle of growing up in the blue collar United States. Drawing inspiration from his own struggles with personal identity, crime and homelessness which can be receptive within the compositions of light and shadow, he documents the broken landscape of “Small Town America” and the conflict of poverty and beliefs, values and traditions, hope within the broken dreams and some touches of humor within it all.
Running from the Sun (New Mexico, 2016- present)
In His Image (Northern Georgia, 2016-present)
The Then, The Now, The Everything After (Northeastern PA 2014- present)
Spirit of ’46 (Scranton PA, 2015- present)
Broken Words (Tokyo, Japan 2015)
Exhibitions, Contributions and Publications
· Alexander Hall Gallery, "This Land is Your Land" Exhibition, 2018, Savannah, GA.
· Fine Art Photography Awards Nomination, Professional Category: Street Photography Series "Running from the Sun", 2016-2017.
· Trois Gallery, "This Land is Your Land" Exhibition, 2017, Atlanta, GA.
· Savannah College of Art and Design, 2017 Open Studio Exhibition, 2017, Atlanta, GA.
· Diocese of Scranton, Holy Cross Silent Art Auction & Exhibition, 2017, Scranton, PA.
· Providence Center for Photographic Arts, 4th Open Juried Exhibition, 2017, Providence, RI.
· Colorado Photographic Arts Center, "Americana" Exhibition, 2017, Denver, CO.
· Naples Art Association, Camera USA 2017: National Exhibition and Award, 2017, Naples, FL.
· Savannah College of Art and Design, 2016 Open Studio Exhibition, 2016, Atlanta, GA.
· Diocese of Scranton, Holy Cross Silent Art Auction & Exhibition, 2016, Scranton, PA
· Louisville Art Association, 25th Annual Juried Photography Exhibition, 2016, Louisville, CO.
· Mahady Gallery, Marywood University, 2016, Scranton, PA.
· Photography and Words, Orama Photos online publication, Oramaphotos.gr, 2016
· Plymouth Center for the Arts, 2016 Juried Photography Exhibition, 2016, Plymouth, MA.
· Mary Stanley Studios, Atlanta, GA.
· Savannah College of Art and Design, Atlanta, GA.
·Master of Fine Arts: Photography, Savannah College of Art and Design (In Progress)
·Bachelor of Fine Arts: Photography, Marywood University
University Minor Concentration Achievements
·English - Focus in Creative Writing