Parker Reinecker is a Documentary/Street Photographer and writer currently based out of Atlanta Georgia. He is currently working in Northern Georgia, Northeastern Pennsylvania, and the American Southwest. Growing up in coal country, Scranton Pennsylvania, with a bar and a church on every corner, his work touches on the experience and struggle of growing up in the blue collar United States. Drawing inspiration from his own struggles with personal identity, crime and homelessness which can be receptive within the compositions of light and shadow. Parker's images and series, develop symbolic narratives while he documents the broken landscape of “Small Town America” and the conflict of poverty and beliefs, values and traditions, hope within the broken dreams and some touches of humor within it all.
Running from the Sun (New Mexico, 2016- present)
In His Image (Northern Georgia, 2016-present)
The Then, The Now, The Everything After (Northeastern PA 2014- present)
Spirit of ’46 (Scranton PA, 2015)
Broken Words (Tokyo, Japan 2015)
Exhibitions, Contributions and Publications
· The National Center for Civil and Human Rights: Civil Rights Museum, "Atlanta: Living the Legacy Exhibition", 2018, Atlanta, GA.
· America in a Trance by Niko J. Kallianiotis, "The Rain and the Love", Essay Publication Contribution, Publisher: Damiani Editore, 2018.
· Academy Art Museum, "New Photography: Inaugural National Juried Exhibition", Juror: Sarah Stolfa, 2018, Easton, MD.
· Allegany Arts Council, 2018 National Photography Competition and Exhibition, First Place Award- Color Category: "Storefront, Tucumcari, New Mexico", 2018, Easton MD.
· Allegany Arts Council, 2018 National Photography Competition and Exhibition, Juror: Karen Irvine, 2018, Cumberland, MD.
· Ain't-Bad Magazine, Running from the Sun Photographer Feature, Online Press Publication, 2018
· Alexander Hall Gallery, "This Land is Your Land" Exhibition, 2018, Savannah, GA.
· Fine Art Photography Awards Nomination, Professional Category: Street Photography Series Running from the Sun, 2016-2017.
· Trois Gallery, "This Land is Your Land" Exhibition, 2017, Atlanta, GA.
· Savannah College of Art and Design, "2017 Open Studio Exhibition", 2017, Atlanta, GA.
· Diocese of Scranton, "Holy Cross Silent Art Auction & Exhibition", 2017, Scranton, PA.
· Providence Center for Photographic Arts, "4th Open Juried Exhibition", Juror: Julie Grahame, 2017, Providence, RI.
· Colorado Photographic Arts Center, "Americana" Exhibition, Juror: Darren Ching, 2017, Denver, CO.
· Naples Art Association, "Camera USA 2017: National Exhibition and Award", 2017, Naples, FL.
· Savannah College of Art and Design, "2016 Open Studio Exhibition", 2016, Atlanta, GA.
· Diocese of Scranton, "Holy Cross Silent Art Auction & Exhibition", 2016, Scranton, PA
· Louisville Art Association, "25th Juried Photography Exhibition", 2016, Louisville, CO.
· Mahady Gallery, Marywood University, 2016, Scranton, PA.
· Photography and Words, Orama Photos Online Essay Contribution Publication, Publisher: Oramaphotos.gr, 2016
· Plymouth Center for the Arts, "The Fine Art of Photography" Juried Exhibition, 2016, Plymouth, MA.
· Mary Stanley Studios, Atlanta, GA.
· Savannah College of Art and Design, Atlanta, GA.
· Private Collections
·Master of Fine Arts: Photography, Savannah College of Art and Design (In Progress)
·Bachelor of Fine Arts: Photography, Marywood University
University Minor Concentration Achievements
·English - Focus in Creative Writing