Parker Reinecker is a Street/Documentary Photographer and Writer currently based out of Atlanta Georgia. He is currently working in Northern Georgia, Northeastern Pennsylvania, and the American Southwest. Growing up in coal country, Scranton Pennsylvania, with a bar and a church on every corner, his work touches on the experience and struggle of growing up in the blue collar United States. Drawing inspiration from his own struggles with personal identity, crime and homelessness which can be receptive within the compositions of light and shadow. Parker's images and series, develop symbolic narratives while immersed in his relationship to the broken landscape of “Small Town America” and the conflict of poverty and beliefs, values and traditions, hope within the broken dreams and some touches of humor within it all.
Parker’s work has been exhibited in various galleries and museums in the United States including the Colorado Photographic Art Center, the Academy Art Museum and the National Center for Civil and Human Rights. His work has also been featured in various national and international publications/platforms including PRIVATE Magazine, Dodho Magazine and The Photo Review. Parker is currently in his final year of MFA candidacy at Savannah College of Art and Design.
Running from the Sun (New Mexico, 2016- present)
In His Image (Northern Georgia, 2016-present)
The Then, The Now, The Everything After (Northeastern PA 2014- present)
Spirit of ’46 (Scranton PA, 2015)
Broken Words (Tokyo, Japan 2015)
Exhibitions, Contributions and Press/Publications
· Saville Gallery, Allegany Arts Council, Running from the Sun, Solo Exhibition, 2019, Cumberland, MD.
· Savannah College of Art and Design, “2018 Open Studio Night”, Atlanta, GA, 2018.
· Eyeshot Magazine, Running from the Sun, Photographer Feature, Online Publication, 2018.
· The Photo Review, The Photo Review: 2018 Competition Issue, Juror: Sarah Meister, Critical Photography Journal, Print Publication, 2018.
· Atlanta Photography Group / Savannah College of Art and Design, 2018 “Student Prize” Nomination, Atlanta, GA, 2018.
· Atlanta Photography Group, “Photo Buckhead” Juried Exhibition and Awards, Award Selection: 2nd Place Overall, 2018, Atlanta, GA.
· LensCulture, Emerging Talent Awards, Editors Pick, Feature Gallery, Online Publication, 2018.
· A. Smith Gallery, “Street” Exhibition Catalogue, Print Publication, 2018, Johnson City, TX.
· The National Center for Civil and Human Rights: Civil Rights Museum, "Living the Legacy Exhibition", 2018, Atlanta, GA.
· Allegany Arts Council, 2018 National Photography Competition and Exhibition, Juror: Karen Irvine, 2018, Cumberland, MD.
· Savannah College of Art and Design, "2017 Open Studio Exhibition", 2017, Atlanta, GA.
· Diocese of Scranton, "Holy Cross Silent Art Auction & Exhibition", 2017, Scranton, PA.
· Savannah College of Art and Design, "2016 Open Studio Exhibition", 2016, Atlanta, GA.
· Diocese of Scranton, "Holy Cross Silent Art Auction & Exhibition", 2016, Scranton, PA.
· Louisville Art Association, "25th Juried Photography Exhibition", 2016, Louisville, CO.
· Mahady Gallery, Marywood University, 2016, Scranton, PA.
· Plymouth Center for the Arts, “The Fine Art of Photography” Exhibition Catalogue, Print Publication, 2016, Plymouth, MA.
· Mary Stanley Studios, Atlanta, GA
· Savannah College of Art and Design, Atlanta, GA
· Private Collections
University Degree Achievements
·Master of Fine Arts: Photography, Savannah College of Art and Design, 2019 (Candidacy)
·Bachelor of Fine Arts: Photography, Marywood University, 2016
University Minor Concentration Achievements
·English - Focus in Creative Writing